top of page

Filing a Late Tax Return To Claim Your Refund

If you are owed a refund for your federal taxes, there is no penalty for filing a late return. However, you must file your return within 3 years of the original due date in order to claim your refund.

If you're not sure whether you're owed a refund, it's still worth filing a return. The IRS may owe you money if you had too much tax withheld from your paychecks or if you qualify for certain tax credits.

To file a late return, simply complete and mail Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, to the IRS. Be sure to include any supporting documentation and write "Filed Late" across the top of the form.

The Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has helped thousands of people and businesses in the past to get out of the debt and start over.

Our goal is to help you find a fresh start FAST!

Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706


Featured Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square





  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
bottom of page