top of page

"How To Claim Surplus Funds From Foreclosure"

When a home is foreclosed upon, the mortgage lender is typically owed more money than the home is worth. This difference is called the surplus, and it must be paid to the county in which the foreclosure took place. The homeowner may claim this surplus if they act within a certain timeframe, usually 60 days.

To claim the surplus from a foreclosure, the homeowner must first obtain a copy of the final judgment from the court. This document will list the amount of money owed to the mortgage lender and any other liens on the property. The homeowner will then need to file a claim with the county clerk's office, along with proof of ownership of the property and documentation of any expenses incurred during the foreclosure process.

If there are multiple claimants for the surplus funds, a hearing will be held to determine who is entitled to them.

The main Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has helped thousands of people and businesses in the past to get out of debt and start over.

Our goal is to help you find a fresh start FAST!

Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706


Featured Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square





  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
bottom of page