top of page

What is the difference between an EIN, TIN, and ITIN?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) uses three different types of identification numbers: Employer Identification Number (EIN), Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Understanding the differences between these numbers can help one understand their taxes better, so it’s important to know which is which.

An EIN is used by businesses, such as corporations and limited liability companies, for tax filing purposes with the IRS. It helps to identify a business entity for tax reporting purposes. A TIN is similar to an EIN in that it identifies a person or entity for tax reporting purposes. For example, TINs are used by individuals who file taxes under sole proprietorships or partnerships.

The Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has helped thousands of the people and businesses in the past to get out of debt and start over.

Our goal is to help you find a fresh start FAST!

Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706


Featured Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square





  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
bottom of page