Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
top of page

Cancel or Transfer Accounts, Memberships and Subscriptions.

6. Cancel or Transfer Accounts, Memberships and Subscriptions

Following someone’s death, you don’t want subscriptions, memberships or services they’ll no longer be using to stay valid. Be sure to cancel credit card, insurance and financial accounts that will be inactive. “If the person was married, transfer the power, electricity and water bills that may be in their name to their surviving spouse.

Also some states, such as Florida, enforce home ownership to be transferred into the name of a living spouse in order for things like title insurance to remain intact.

Since every state has different mandates, don’t forget to check what type of legal filings, if any, are necessary in the state in which a family member has died, as well as any state where the individual owned property.


Our Business Hours are:

Mon – Friday from 10:00am to 6:00pm Saturday from 10:00am – 2:00pm

When you have legal business questions, Attorney Omar Zambrano is here to help!

Contact us today to schedule your FREE CONSULTATION.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page