What is a Registered Agent and is one needed?

What is a Registered Agent and is one needed?

California requires that an individual, or service company, be responsible for receiving important legal and tax documents.This service is provided by an “agent” of the corporation who is “registered” within California, therefore the term “Registered Agent."The registered agent for the corporation must have a valid street address within California and be available during normal business hours to receive documents.

The services performed by a registered agent may include:

1)Receiving and forwarding legal documents;

2)Receiving and forwarding franchise tax and annual report forms; and,

3)Accepting and forwarding service of process.

4)A Registered Agent must be an adult, residing within California and provide a physical address, (no P.O. boxes).


Our Business Hours are:

Mon – Friday from 10:00am to 6:00pm Saturday from 10:00am – 2:00pm

When you have legal business questions, Attorney Omar Zambrano is here to help!

Contact us today to schedule your FREE CONSULTATION.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

©2003-2021 Law Office of Omar Zambrano, All Rights Reserved Aggressive Baldwin Park California Attorney 

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.



  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
  • Tumblr Social Icon