How the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Protects You
If you are being harassed by a debt collector, you have rights. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal law that protects consumers from unfair or abusive debt collection practices.
Here are some of the ways the FDCPA protects you:
1. Debt collectors must identify themselves.
2. They can only contact you between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
3. They cannot call you at work if they know your employer does not allow it.
4. They cannot use profanity or threaten violence.
5. They cannot make repeated calls to annoy you.
6. If you ask them to stop contacting you, they must do so except to say there will be no further contact or to notify you that they are taking a specific action, such as filing a lawsuit against you.
The Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has helped thousands of people and businesses in the past to get out of debt and start over.
Our goal is to help you can find a fresh start FAST!
Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706