Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
top of page

What if I Can’t Afford to Pay a Judgment Against Me?

No one wants to be the defendant in a civil lawsuit that results in a judgment against them, but it can happen. If you find yourself unable to pay the court-ordered debt, then it is important to understand your options. The first step is for you to contact the plaintiff's attorney and inform him or her of your financial circumstances. They may be willing to set up an installment payment plan or reduce the amount owed. It is also important to know that most states have laws that limit how much interest can be charged on judgments.

If you are still unable to pay the judgment after discussing it with the plaintiff’s attorney, then you should consider seeking legal advice from an experienced attorney who specializes in debt collection disputes. A lawyer may be able to help negotiate a settlement between you and the creditor or suggest other methods such as bankruptcy filing or wage garnishment exemption.

The Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has helped thousands of people and businesses in the past to get out of debt and start over.

Our goal is to help you find a fresh start FAST!

Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at the 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706


Featured Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page