Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
top of page

What is the difference between an EIN, TIN, and ITIN?

An Employer Identification Number (EIN), Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) are all important numbers used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Although they may appear to be similar, each has a distinct purpose.

The most common type of identification number is an EIN. It is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Companies use an EIN for tax filing and reporting purposes. An EIN can only be issued by the IRS, so it is necessary to apply online or by mail in order to receive one.

A TIN, on the other hand, generally refers to the Social Security number assigned to people living in the United States.

The Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has already helped thousands of people and businesses in the past to get out of debt and start over.

Our goal is to help you find a fresh start FAST!

Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page