When Will a Debt Collector Sue?
Many debt collectors threaten to sue debtors who cannot pay their debts, but few actually follow through with legal action. A debt collector may sue a debtor for several reasons, the most common being:
1. The debtor owes a large amount of money.
2. The debtor has made no effort to pay the debt.
3. The debtor is disputing the debt.
4. The statute of limitations on the debt has expired.
5. The creditor believes that legal action will motivate the debtor to pay.
6. The creditor wants to send a message to other delinquent debtors.
7. The creditor has exhausted all other collections methods.
Rarely does a creditor sue a debtor who is making regular payments on their debt, even if those payments are small.
The Law Offices of Omar Zambrano has helped thousands of people and businesses in the past to get out of debt and start over.
Our goal is to help you can find a fresh start FAST!
Schedule your free consultation today! By Calling 626-338-5505 or visiting us at 12738 Ramona Blvd Baldwin Park CA 91706